A girl with a plan...sort of.

Friday, September 17, 2010

I won't be in school forever...

...or will I? Let me start out by saying that my husband is AH-mazing. He really should receive a gold star, cupcakes and a parade. He has been my rock since I started back to school, which I should add has been over six years at this point. I'm in my second year (of four) in my program and things are already zooming on by. Sometimes I'm pretty bothered by how much I need to focus on school. Don't get me wrong -- I love what I'm studying! And I know I'm on the downward slope. My point? B and I were planning on heading up to Vail or Aspen to see some of the fall colors in a few weekends. It's still warm in Denver (well warmer than last year around this time) and I thought we had more time. I received a few texts and pics from my buddy A today as she drove up through the mountains to visit her family this weekend showing me that the leaves are already changing. ::sigh:: I have to work my intern shift at the hospital tomorrow and will need to spend Sunday getting caught up on studying and preparing for the next week. We're going to a hockey game the weekend after next (Let's go Avs!!) and the week after that? Two beefy exams. I have a lot I need to do. Ugh. Can't really pencil in a trip to Vail or Aspen to sight-see. I find myself dreaming of lazy mornings with B, drinking coffee and reading the paper at the kitchen table... and not flipping through my planner to see if I can spend time with him :(

2 comments:

Jessica said...

You are doing great with it all considering how much you have on your plate. Its just like you said, it wont be like this forever and when its done you will remember the short term sacrifice you made for a long term gain. I try to remember that now as I get ready to tackle a program thats not half as tough as yours.

Lisa said...

i keep reminding myself "this too shall pass" we can endure anything if we know the end is somewhere in sight. keep on keepin on, girl. i know you are waaaaay more dedicated than i am right now! i'm pushing studying away for daydreaming and anything but. lol all your hard work will pay off and you're so lucky to have such an amazing support, some people definitely dont have that. focus on the positive and all the things you are pining for "when it's over" will happen before you know it :) you're a rockstar!!

Post a Comment