A girl with a plan...sort of.

Friday, October 8, 2010

FRIDAY!

I survived hell week at school. Insert a big fat sigh of relief right here!

Today I went to the Convention Center in downtown Denver and took part in an event called STEMapalooza. It was a really good time! Kids are so cute...and sort of scary. Am I getting old or am I more conservative than I thought? I saw kids with full sleeves of tribal tattoos (not to mention his matching alcohol monitoring device) and girls with more facial piercing that I've ever seen. And kids today have a very *specific* look. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but it involves a lot of backcombing of their hair, silky pink bows, lots of really thick badly applied liquid eyeliner and skinny jeans that are so tight, I'm sure their toes don't have anything feeling. Ok. Now that I have clearly made myself out to be 80...

When I got home, B mentioned sushi sounded good. And he was right. Oh man did we eat sushi. om nom nom nom. Then we headed to Whole Foods to get some yummy french bread to make french toast on Sunday. We also picked up some chicken apple sausage. Breakfast has quickly become one of my favorite meals of the day. Somehow ice cream and chocolate sauce made their way into our cart. I have no idea how!

Tomorrow I will be participating in my first health fair. Oh boy! It's at a local church in a not so great neighborhood. I'm just really glad to know that we will be impacting the lives of people who don't have consistent access to health care. I'll be monitoring blood pressure and possibly make my way over to cholesterol screenings. I'm looking forward to this a lot.

I also found out this week that I was matched up with my first choice for hospital preceptors! Very big deal. I've had growing interest in cardiovascular health, blood pressure management and cholesterol. And this is what my preceptor specializes in. SCORE! More to come on that as the visits start...

I think this weekend I'm going to take a deep breath, leisurely get ahead on some stuff for school and sleep in at least on Sunday. Maybe I'll actually take my sewing machine out of it's box. It's only been in there for a year. ::sigh::

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I started working at a university last year, I also feel like I am about 80 years old in relation to clothing styles. I feel you.

Post a Comment