A girl with a plan...sort of.

Monday, October 4, 2010

So we meet again, Monday...

Well this weekend just came and left, didn't it? Before I get into my review of the awesome show I saw this weekend, I thought I'd ponder the topic of just how quickly time is flying for me. Sometimes I get rather frustrated when I stop and think about how many things I'm/we're putting on hold for me to finish my education: the house, the kids, B getting his degree...I was really down about it when this academic year started. A phone call with my mom a few weeks back really put things into perspective and it was so simple and obvious. After letting me vent, she said,"You will be happier in the end because these things are so special and you can devote all of your time and attention to them. Look how fast time is flying! It seems like you just started school and now you're talking about dressing up for a Halloween function at the hospital." She was so right. It's already October! Sometimes I lose perspective. Isn't it funny how phone calls to your mom can sometimes make it all better?



I spent a good deal of last Friday studying (tis life, I'm afraid). On Saturday morning, I got up early because I was anticipating an epic evening and needed to get more studying in. I probably only focused for about 3 hours and spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with B, which I never get enough of. Then we headed out to Pepsi Center to see Muse!! Ah! I'll start by saying I've always loved European/British bands. I have since I was really young. In fact, I follow Oasis on Facebook and they posted something a few days back about "What's the Story, Morning Glory?" coming out 15 years ago. 15 YEARS AGO?! Good grief. I remember getting it when it came out. I felt old...just for a second. But then I was thankful that I had music that I had enjoyed for so long since so many artists these days seem very transient. We had really great seats to the show and it was purely by chance. The show was fantastic! I can honestly say I'd see them again and again.

I was home from the concert at a decent hour and had to be up the next day, bright and early for work. Yay! I love my job so it wasn't too horrible. A few coworkers make loving my internship harder on some days and Sunday was one of those days. But I was able to finish up and make it home in decent time (I work about 40 minutes from my apartment). I studied and made it up for an exam on this lovely Monday. I have one more exam tomorrow. It can only get better from there, right?

0 comments:

Post a Comment